Monday, August 24, 2009

IUI #12 - CD18 and insemination day

Attempt #12 has been a bit out of the ordinary. In this cycle, I took Femera on CD 3 to 7 along with ASA. In the past, I usually ovulate on CD16 on the first cycle with Femera and then on CD13 on the second consecutive cycle with Femera. This is the first cycle with Femera (took a break last month) and I'm ovulating on CD18. In addition, the second follicle is big enough to warrant measurement. There is no big jump in the size of the follicles as they grow gradually each day. My husband said the follicles are growing like me (I do things slow). I really hope this is a good sign.

Today I had my IUI #12 at around 9:45am. There is one large follicle (2.0cm) on the right side and a borderline follicle (1.5cm) on the left side. I know that ovulating naturally will only result in one mature follicle but I am hoping for a miracle.

The Beta test is scheduled to be on September 4th (a day right after our wedding anniversary). I will try to refrain from using the home pregnancy tests and wait for the blood test result. I hope that I can give my husband a sweet wedding anniversary present this year with a positive result.

No comments:

Post a Comment