Tuesday, June 16, 2009

IUI #11 - CD3 Full Bladder Ultrasound

Yikes! Today, I had to go in for a full bladder ultrasound to see if I have any cysts before taking Femera. I really hate the feeling of the pressure on my bladder.

I never understood why I had to go in with a full bladder when afterwards; they always do a transvaginal ultrasound. This time, I asked the lab technician. According to the lab technician, the full bladder ultrasound gives her a better view of the pelvic area, the ability to detect large cysts and possibly see things that might be missed by the transvaginal ultrasound. Okay, good enough for me.

I was told that I don’t need to have a really full bladder because it makes my uterus tilt and as a result, not much can be seen. Phew, that is good news for me.

I got the green light to start Femera today.

No comments:

Post a Comment