Saturday, June 27, 2009

IUI #11 - Insemination Day

My husband came with me to have the IUI at 9:30am today. When we got there, we took care of the fees and picked up a package of Crinone. My husband read the instruction sheet for the progesterone and it said "Start Crinone on Monday, 1 am and 1 at bed." Suddenly I hear my husband say "You have to stay up until 1:00 am to take your medications." I looked at him and the co-ordinator and I started to laugh. I told him that the "1 am" meant take one in the morning not the time 1:00am.

My doctor is on vacation so her partner is taking care of her patients for the time being. While performing the IUI, the partner doctor mentioned that I might consider ivig and ivf if this cycle is not successful because this is my 11th IUI. Since my miscarriages are unexplained, the ivig might help reduce the risk of miscarriage. The ivig is basically human-derived antibodies (blood transfusion). The partner doctor said it's best done with ivf to increase the chances.

On our way home, my husband and I talked about it and are seriously considering it. However, we need to discuss this with our doctor after this cycle to see what her medical opinion is since she knows my history.

Anyways, I hope that the talk of ivig and ivf is moot and this insemination worked. Fingers and toes crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment