Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 15 - Insemination day

My husband and I have identical phones and we charge them in the same area. Before leaving for my bloodwork and ultrasound, I took "my" phone from the charger. Usually I know if I accidentally grabbed my husband's phone because when I removed the phone from the charger, it turned on and the picture on his phone is different from mine. However, this morning, I didn't pay attention when I checked the time on the phone. It still didn't hit me when I turned on my hands free in my car and the light on the hands free was blinking (indicated that my phone was out of range). I just thought it was odd and brushed it off.

When I got to the clinic, it was surprisingly not as busy as usual. I went to the sign up sheets. When I got to the call back book, I don't know what got into me, I decided to ask the co-ordinator if I needed to sign the call back book. My rationale was I shouldn't have to since I was coming back for insemination. Then it dawned on me that what if the clinic needed to call me for a second insemination since the blood test results may not be available when I have the IUI? Duh! But the co-ordinator was nice and asked me which number she can reach me at in case she needed to.

The wait for the ultrasound was very good today. Usually it takes approximately 1 hour. Today it only took 20 minutes. Nice! As I was getting dressed after my ultrasound, I tried to peek to see my uterus lining and follicle size but wasn't successful. I just saw the sonographer write some words down for the left follicle (lead follicle is on the left side in this cycle). My intuition was she didn't see the follicle anymore; thus, I had ovulated. This might explain the back pain I felt last night and slightly this morning. I went home.

My husband and I arrived at the clinic at 10:00am for insemination. I was called into the room at 10:20am. As usual, my doctor did her thing and I did my thing to get ready for the procedure. My doctor told me that I ovulated this morning and I will only have one IUI. When it came time to insert the catheter, my doctor was having difficulty inserting it. This did not happen before. Considering that I've had 13 IUIs, I thought it would go without a hitch. Eventually, my doctor was able to insert the catheter. She told me that I would have a bit of spotting, which I did. My doctor told me to come with a full bladder next time because it helps to straighten my uterus. Also, she can also use an ultrasound to help with inserting the catheter. Good to know.

My husband and I went home. I laid on the couch for half an hour. To my surprise, I fell asleep for 10 minutes. Then I woke up and went to work.

That was my morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment