Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's been a while...an update is in order

When was my last post? Ah yes, fall of 2009. Well, the three to four months off of fertility treatment went faster than I thought it would be. During the time "off", I took DHEA. My side effects from the drug? Pimples! Lots and lots of pimples! They pop up everywhere! Oh yeah, my scalp feels more oily. By the afternoon, it's like I didn't wash my hair.

Since I have taken DHEA for over three months, I'm good to go (ie., start trying again). Now I'm on day 12 of my cycle and I have a left follicle that is already approximately 2.0 cm. Oh, before I forget, I took Femera on cycle days 3 to 7 and the dose was 5.0mg (double my previous doses). My FSH on cycle day 3 was 4.8 (normal).

I have also registered at the Alan E. Beer Center to have some tests done. The registration at the center required a lot of information about my past treatments. Luckily I documented my treatments over the three years. It's not easy to remember the 13 IUI's and the dates of each one. About two weeks ago, I finally got a recommendation from the center of what tests they would like me to do. Aside from lots of blood tests, they also require me to do an endometrial biopsy. Since I'm on my fertility treatment, I will not do the tests yet.

Okay, update complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment